I Am Woman Foundation Ltd
THE PROGRAMS AND SERVICES WE OFFER ARE:
- Training in Computer skills
- Counseling services
- Scholarships Awards
- Talent exposure
- Advertise and support members Businesses
ASSISTANCE GIVEN BY THE FOUNDATION:
- We have offered Scholarships/Lunches/Schools Fees/Stationery and Uniform Materials to a number of Students attending high / basic and Primary Schools throughout the Municipality of Portmore.
- We have offered assistance for the fixing of Roves
- We have assisted families with Funeral expenses
- We have assisted Senior citizens with their medical Expenses
- We have assisted in the feeding of several Families
- We have donated household items such as: Beds, Sewing Machines, stoves and Clothing to several Families.
- We have donated Chairs/Tables/Stationery and Educational Tools to several Schools/Churches and Community Centers.
- We have for several Years hosted a number Children and Senior Treats throughout Portmore.
OUR LONG TERM GOALS:
To build a Half – Way House
- Build Skills Training Center
- To provide Housing care for abandoned Children, the Elderly and Parents in Crisis
- To establish Programs in which individuals can gain a skill and be meaningfully employed these to include:
- The Career Advancement Program (CAP) for High School drop-outs ages 16-18
- HEART/NTA Skills Programmes
- PATH- assisting persons in acquiring government assistance
- A Computer Center
- Cosmetology and Nail Technician Courses
The main aim is to extend our Services to other areas in the Island.
We have received Endorsements from persons who feel we are doing a great job these to include:
- The Acting Mayor of Portmore- (who in his own words says, “this Foundation is dear to my Heart)
- Outgoing Mayor- Keith Hynes
- Counselor- Keith Blake
- The Portmore Minister Fraternal
- Some Media Houses
- Members Of Parliament